KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SRI GANGANAGAR
Equip programme report† for English language in† upper primary classes
Our worthy principal Shri L C Matoria convened meeting of the teachers teaching upper primary classes (6 to 8) on Equip Programme. A brief report is presented on the implementation of the programme.
1. To develop all the four skills of the English language (LSRW) the following efforts are made by the teacher.
2. Equip programme under taken by the teacher in upper primary classes i.e. VI to VIII. It is started to enrich their vocabulary/ word power by dictation to†† improve their writing skill. Fruit full result is received by the teacher in all the classes.
3. An audio CD sent by KVS containing all the chapters and poems class VI to VIII is played regularly to improve the studentsí reading and writing skills. As a result there is a lot of improvement in the pronunciation of the student. The teaching learning process has become very interesting and easy to comprehend. The students are taking keen interest in classroom learning.
4. Project work assigned in group and motivated to prepare with creative thinking. It is observed that low achievers are taking more interest in completing their assignments.
5. Students are motivated to prepare charts of verb form, appropriate use of verb in the blank space. They are also given practice paper to develop reading habit & use suitable word in the blanks.
6. English skits and dialogues are also prepared in the Equip programme. Students are motivated to deliver a speech or thought or an article in English during morning assembly. A nice result is being observed by the school.
7. Students are given demo lessons to write formal, informal letter and diary entry. It is noticed by the teachers that students are doing well in these writing skills.
8. All the students are encouraged to recite the stanza of a poem with proper rhyme & rhythm and intonation. They are also told about the rhyme scheme of a poem. Fruitful results are observed by the teacher after completion of his work.
9. A weekly programme is undertaken by the teacher to explain how to write notice and message. Students are being doing well in this writing field.
10. A picture based and outline/word based story composition is also demonstrated by the teachers in all the classes to find out their hidden talent in writing story composition. Students succeed with flying colours in this activity.
11. Role play activity is also conducted to understand a story and its character on the basis of moral values. Students are taking active participation with full zeal and enthusiasm.
12. Appropriate home assignments and follow up action work is given in all the classes. Positive results are being achieved in this regard.†††††††††
Subject Teachers††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Principal
1. Mrs. Manju Garg (TGT Eng)†††††††
2. Mrs. Nivedita Arora (TGT Eng)